Hunter Valley Private Hospital was established by the Masons in 1965, purchased by the Hunter Valley Private Hospital in 1985, and in November 2015 purchased by Healthscope.
We aim to provide excellence in the provision of health care that is:
- responsive to the individual needs of our patients
- of the highest quality when benchmarked with our peers
- in well maintained buildings with modern equipment
- provided by experienced and dedicated hospital, nursing, allied health and medical professionals.
As an organisation we value our reputation, above all, and we aim to:
- be a sound, successful and respected business
- be a preferred local employer
- create a workplace which values teamwork, skills development, personal growth and a winning attitude
- provide an environment and culture of continuous improvement
- uphold the Australian Government Private Patients Hospital Charter.
We believe that we are here to improve local health outcomes and that:
- all patients should receive the very best physical, emotional, social and spiritual care
- patients, staff, and families should be accorded fairness, dignity, and recognition of their individuality.
Our customers are:
- our patients who are treated as guests admitted to our care
- our skilled and experienced medical, dental and allied health providers
- our patient referral sources
- private health insurance funds, accident and workers compensation insurers
- the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
We will evaluate our performance on a continuous basis through:
- a well structured quality improvement program
- surveys of our customers.