We have a self-contained unit for relatives of patients at budget rates. Please contact our reception team for more information on (02) 4944 3777.
Hunter Valley Private Hospital has agreements with all major health funds.
We submit our account directly to your health fund. If you do not have “Top Hospital Cover Health Insurance,” we may require a co-payment when you arrive at hospital.
Medication relating to your care in hospital is generally included in the hospital account sent to your fund. If we order for you medications you are already taking, or we arrange medications for you to take home, you will receive a pharmacy account. You may receive an account for additional medical services e.g. anaesthetist, specialist consultation, assistant surgeon, pathology or X-ray.
Providing you have top cover and do not have an excess or a co-payment or exclusion/restriction with your health fund there will be no “out of pocket” expenses for your hospital treatment. If unsure, contact your health fund or speak to our admission staff or patient account officer who will be more than happy to investigate this for you. We also offer rates for the self-insured.
- We are an accredited Tier 1, Department of Veterans’ Affairs provider.
- If you are claiming Worker’s Compensation or 3rd Party, be sure you have all relevant approvals.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, EFTPOS, cheques and cash.
We have an internet facility available and a lounge room that includes:
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Snack vending machine
- Cool drink vending machine.
We also have Koala Cafe which is open from 8am to 4pm weekdays offering meals and light refereshments.
All persons from a non-English speaking background, or a hearing impaired person will have access to an interpreter as required.
Your doctor will give you all of the necessary admission forms for booking into our hospital. Please complete your booking as soon as possible, at least two days before your admission day.
After completing the forms you may book in:
- In person – between 6.30am and 8.00pm Monday to Friday and 8.00am – 12noon Saturday.
- By faxing to the Admissions Office on 02 4944 3788.
- By posting the forms to the hospital at 20 Mawson St Shortland 2307.
Admission staff will ring or text message you the working day before your surgery to confirm your admission time and fasting details.
Please ensure you bring any of the following that you require:
- Sleepwear, dressing gown and slippers
- Personal toiletries if staying overnight
- All medications you are presently taking and any repeat prescriptions. All medications must be in the original dispensed packaging. No webster packs please.
- Any relevant X-Rays and/or scans
- Medicare card/pension card/DVA card/Private health insurance card
- Safety net card, when it applies
- Children might like to bring a favourite toy or book
- Rehabilitation patients are required to bring day clothes
Laverty Pathology offer an onsite collection service at Hunter Valley Private Hospital.
Parking for patients and visitors is available on site, including disability spaces.
Hunter Valley Private Hospital has been proud to support the Delta Pet Partners Program since 2003.
Vicki and her wonderfully well-mannered Kelpi, 'Roxy', are a special part of our hospital and continually enhance and enrich the lives of our patients.